Lessons for All Loving Relationships
The deaths of Ananias and Sapphira are shocking but provide important lessons to help us grow in a loving friendship with God and in loving friendships with people.
The obvious lessons
- God’s judgment is serious.
- God’s love is amazing.
- Our tendency is to become the judge.
Side lessons about our greatest enemy
- Satan’s purpose is to kill.
- Dishonesty opens the door for Satan.
Lessons for our friendship with God
- All dishonesty is against God.
- All dishonesty hurts God.
- God wants us to choose to remember the seriousness of lying.
- Proactive openness with God builds friendship.
Lessons for our friendship with people
- Dishonesty hurts those involved.
- Choosing to remember things will build a friendship.
- Proactive openness with people builds friendship.