Comfort My People
To His sinful, suffering people, God speaks comfort—a comfort that goes deep, overcomes all, and lasts forever.
Gospel comfort is all about _________.
Comfort in Isaiah 40-66
- Isaiah 40:1
- Isaiah 51:3
- Isaiah 52:9
- Isaiah 54:11-13
- Isaiah 57:18-19
- Isaiah 61:1-3
- Isaiah 66:13
Take hold of comfort
- Make this Advent a season of comfort.
- Live a daily Advent: keep looking for Christ to break into your life.
- Be like Simeon—hoping and waiting for God’s rescue and comfort. (Lk. 2:25)
- Make every lapse into sin an occasion for comfort.
- In light of His coming, revisit your change project—or start a new one.
- Comfort yourself and others with reminders of His past and future coming.